This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) for licensing purposes.
This courses involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work.
This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up elevating work platform
- Operate elevating work platform
- Shut down and secure elevating work platform
- Assess ground conditions to confirm that the site is suitable
- Complete the positioning, stabilising, set up of elevating work platforms
- Use communication skills
- Operate and control an elevating work
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret manufacturer's specifications and data
- Identify problems and equipment faults
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Emergency procedures and safety equipment
- Understanding of organisational and workplace standards
- Hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to elevating work platform operations
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.