This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required for the operation of a powered industrial truck equipped with
a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment, for licensing purposes. This definition also includes
a truck on which the operator is raised with the attachment for order-picking.
This course is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Shift load
- Shut down and secure forklift truck
- Accurately interpret information relating to conducting forklift truck operations (e.g. procedures)
- Safely conduct forklift truck operations including all functions to the maximum height and load capacity
- Identify hazards associated with the operation of the forklift truck, assess risks and put into place effective hazard prevention/control measures for those hazards identified
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Methodology of determining the weight of a load
- WHS legislation, standards relevant to the safe operation for the forklift trucks
- Understanding of forklift characteristics and capabilities (including use of load data plates)
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Forklift truck operations and safe operating techniques
- Typical routine problems encountered in the operation of the crane and equipment and adjustments required for correction
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.