Course OverviewThis course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to erect and dismantle a range of modular scaffolding systems to provide work platforms for construction purposes. It includes edge protection, access ways and falsework (scaffold support systems for formwork).
This course supports the attainment of skills and knowledge to erect and dismantle a range of basic scaffolding systems, which includes working with others and as a member of a team.
This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Plan and prepare
- Whip, tie, splice and inspect ropes
- Erect scaffolding
- Inspect, repair and alter erected scaffolding
- Dismantle scaffolding
- Clean up
- General construction terminology
- Job safety analysis (JSA) and safe work method statements
- Materials storage and environmentally friendly waste management
- Plans, drawings and specifications
- Plant, tools and equipment types, characteristics, uses and limitations
- Processes for the calculation of material requirements
- Quality requirements
- Relevant Acts, regulations and codes of practice
- Scaffolding equipment and techniques
- Workplace and equipment safety requirements
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.