This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM). The unit includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and includes knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements.
Please note that this course has a pre-requisite requirement that participants hold the unit CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry. Participants will have to provide a copy of their Statement of Attainment . As this is a national unit of competency, QLD Blue cards cannot be accepted as evidence.
This course is offered by WorkSafe Connect to corporate clients for a group of students. We do not currently offer this course to individuals as part of our public course offering.
- Prepare for asbestos removal.
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site.
- Isolate removal site.
- Enclose removal site.
- Carry out asbestos removal process.
- Carry out decontamination process.
- Clean up work site.
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- Understand how to safely remove and dispose of friable asbestos
- Know how to implement control measures for removal projects
- Correctly use personal protection equipment to minimise their exposure and understand the proper procedures for decontamination
- Minimise the risk of exposure to asbestos fibres for themselves and others
- Understand legal obligations under asbestos legislation and asbestos codes of practice
- Understand historical uses and potential sources of asbestos in the workplace with examples
- Understand the health risks associated with asbestos exposure
- Employ the right the safety requirements of working with asbestos
- Implement Emergency procedures when dealing with asbestos incidents
- Understand asbestos identification, risk assessment approaches, asbestos registers and asbestos management plans.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.
Course ID: 7943744 - Remove Friable Asbestos Brisbane