COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
WorkSafe Connect remains open and all current and future courses are running as normal, subject to the control measures outlined below.
If a course is cancelled for any reason, students will be contacted and offered the next available course suitable to their needs or a refund.
WorkSafe Connect is focussed on the health and wellbeing of our clients, colleagues and staff and is continually monitoring and adhering to the advice from Federal and State Governments regarding COVID-19.
Based on the current information, WorkSafe Connect has implemented the following protection measures and will update these as the situation changes:
- WorkSafe Connect conducts risk assessments relating to COVID-19, taking into account current advice from Federal and State Governments in the context of WorkSafe Connect operations.
- We conduct a COVID-19 screening process at the commencement of each course. All participants are required to answer a few short questions upon arrival regarding their health on the day and have their temperature taken by a member of our team using a non-touch thermometer. If a participant has a fever or indicate they are unwell, they will not be permitted to attend the course.
- Student sign in sheets will be suspended until further notice. Signing in and out will be undertaken verbally (and recorded by a WorkSafe Connect employee).
- Classes will be conducted to ensure at least 1.5 metres between each student.
- Each classroom will have hand sanitizer. We also encourage students to bring their own hand sanitizer if possible.
- Practical training will be carried out 1-on-1 with the trainer at least 1.5 metres from the student. If this is not possible alternative arrangements for training and assessment will be made (for example, wearing of face masks where social distancing is not possible).
- Refreshments are available - these are individually packaged and all single use only. Hand sanitizer must be used prior to collecting the refreshments.
- Watercoolers have been decommissioned. Students are encouraged to bring their own water or use one of the single use bottled waters provided by WorkSafe Connect.
- Where relevant, training resources (e.g. manikins, fire extinguishers), will be disinfected after use and students will be required to wear disposable gloves.
- All student desks will be cleaned with a disinfectant after each course.
- All other desks, counters and common areas will be disinfected regularly.
- Information regarding preventing transmission of the virus i.e. hand washing etc has been placed in all common areas.
As a student, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not attend any WorkSafe Connect training courses:
- You feel unwell or are required to isolate under government guidelines;
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and are yet to be provided with a medical clearance;
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- You have been directed to self-isolate for any reason.
In the interests of the health and wellbeing, we look forward to your support in implementing the measures we have put in place and remind you that there are 5 ways that each of us can all help stop the spread of the virus:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
If you need to reschedule any of your booked training or have any questions regarding upcoming training or related services then please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the WorkSafe Connect team via the following channels:
- WorkSafe Connect – Townsville – 07 4728 9866
- WorkSafe Connect – Brisbane – 07 3277 3282
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to carefully monitor the situation and update you with any changes to our preparations or training operations.