COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
COVID Response - Brisbane Facility
Our facility at Salisbury will be closed until at least 4pm on Sunday 8 August, with courses scheduled during the lockdown period being postponed.
Students who were scheduled to attend the facility during the lockdown period have been contacted. We will work with each student to determine a suitable alternative arrangement or otherwise offer a refund.
COVID Response - Townsville Facility
We will continue to monitor the situation however at the present time, courses at our Townsville facility are continuing as planned.
WorkSafe Connect COVID Response - All Regions
WorkSafe Connect is focused on the health and wellbeing of our clients, colleagues and staff and is continually monitoring and adhering to the advice from Federal and State Governments regarding COVID-19.
Based on the current information, WorkSafe Connect has implemented the following protection measures and will update these as the situation changes:
- WorkSafe Connect conducts risk assessments relating to COVID-19, taking into account current advice from Federal and State Governments in the context of WorkSafe Connect operations.
- Students are required to answer a few short questions upon arrival regarding their health on the day (1. Do you have any COVID like symptoms; 2. Are you required to self-isolate under the Government's COVID advice?). If a student indicates they are unwell or should be self-isolating, they will not be permitted to attend the course.
- Student sign in sheets are undertaken verbally and recorded by a WorkSafe Connect employee.
- Classes will be conducted to ensure at least 1.5 metres between each student as well as the trainer where possible. If this is not possible, gloves and masks are available or alternative arrangements can be made.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout each facility.
- Refreshments are available - these are individually packaged and all single use only. Hand sanitizer must be used prior to collecting the refreshments.
- Where relevant, training resources (e.g. manikins, fire extinguishers) will be disinfected after use.
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
- Information regarding preventing transmission of the virus i.e. hand washing etc has been placed in all common areas.
As a student, if you meet any of the below criteria you must not attend any WorkSafe Connect training courses:
- You feel unwell or are required to isolate under government guidelines;
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and are yet to be provided with a medical clearance;
- You have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19;
- You have been directed to self-isolate for any reason.
In the interests of the health and wellbeing, we look forward to your support in implementing the measures we have put in place and remind you that there are 5 ways that each of us can all help stop the spread of the virus:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell – try to stay 1.5m away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
If you need to reschedule any of your booked training or have any questions regarding upcoming training or related services then please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of the WorkSafe Connect team via the following channels:
- WorkSafe Connect – Townsville – 07 4728 9866
- WorkSafe Connect – Brisbane – 07 3277 3282
- Email – email@example.com
We will continue to carefully monitor the situation and update you with any changes to our preparations or training operations.