Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
WorkSafe Connect is a CSQ registered training supplier and we provide training that is supported by CSQ funding, whether it be at our facilities in Townsville, Gold Coast or Brisbane, or at a client's site.
We have been successful in obtaining funding for the following 2020/2021 programs:
- General Construction - Short Course
- Civil Construction - Short Course
- Higher Level Skills - General Construction (Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety)
CSQ partially or fully subsidises cost of the course for those who are:
- Australian or New Zealand resident / citizens or a refugee / humanitarian visa holder; and
- Permanently work or permanently live in Queensland; and
- Currently (or prior to unemployment) work in the building & construction industry. This must be "on the tools" for the General & Civil Short Course programs; for the Higher Level Skills program it also includes clerical, administrative or professional employees
There are further eligibility requirements for apprentices and trainees. See the eligibility forms below relevant to your circumstances:
|CSQ Funding Employee Overview|
CSQ Eligibility & Evidence Form (Employee)
|CSQ Funding Unemployed Overview|
CSQ Eligibility & Evidence Form (Unemployed)
|CSQ Funding HLS Employee Overview|
CSQ HLS Eligibility & Evidence Form (Employee)
|CSQ Funding HLS Unemployed Overview|
CSQ HLS Eligibility & Evidence Form (Employed)
Please click here for the definition of the Building & Construction Industry.
CSQ Contract Period
General & Civil Construction Short Course Programs - starts on 1 October 2020 and ends on 30 September 2021. To be eligible, all training and assessment must be commenced and completed within this timeframe.
Higher Level Skills General Construction Program - starts on 1 October 2020 and ends on 30 September 2022. To be eligible, all training and assessment must be commenced and completed within this timeframe. The student must also be enrolled in the program on or before 30 September 2021.
The delivery regions are Gold Coast, Greater Brisbane, North Queensland and Far North Queensland.