This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate an elevating work platform under 11m.
This courses involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work.
The course includes both theory and practical components, with participants undertaking practical exercises to ensure familiarity with procedures, equipment and safety systems.
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Conduct work activities from elevating work platform
- Carry out operator maintenance
- Clean up
- Planning and preparing for operating elevating work platforms
- Identifying, addressing and/or reporting, verbally or in writing monitoring systems and alarms
- Identifying and following procedures in emergency or hazardous situations
- Using a range of communication techniques and equipment to coordinate activities with others
- Maintaining written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures
- Selecting safety devices and correctly ensuring safety of personnel and surrounding site
- Completing work platform inspections and fault finding
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- Selecting and using the required plant, tools and equipment
- Equipment characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- Site environmental requirements and constraints related to elevating work platforms
- Locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.