Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
CSQ is an independent, not-for-profit, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
For those who permanently work in Queensland in the building and construction industry, there is a CSQ funding available across a number of short courses as well as the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification.
For an overview of the program and funding amounts, click below.
The key eligibility requirements are:
- Right to work in Australia;
- Permanently work in Queensland; and
- Work in the building and construction industry:
- For the short course programs – this means the participant spends the majority of their time on the building or construction site and ‘on the tools’.
- For the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety program – eligible participants also include relevant clerical, administrative or professional staff whose employer is part of the building & construction industry.
- Click here for the definition of the building & construction industry
- For unemployed participants, they must meet the above requirements and have been unemployed for less than 4 years.
Each student will need to complete a CSQ Eligibility Application and supply the required evidence.
We offer two (2) ways to make an application:
1. Complete the online form and upload the required evidence:
2. Download and complete a PDF form; email the form and evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Once submitted, the application will be reviewed by WorkSafe Connect's Compliance Team and you'll be advised if the application meets CSQ's eligibility requirements.