This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation.
People who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the emergency control organisation.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies
- Assist with post initial response
- Apply methods of accounting for people
- Assist people who need assistance
- Carry out a search pattern within an area
- Communicate clearly by the means specified in the workplace emergency procedures
- Contribute to emergency management planning
- Exercise leadership within a workplace emergency context
- Use equipment assigned to assist with implementing the workplace emergency procedures
- Arrangements for evacuating people who need support
- Assessing and anticipating the progress of emergencies
- Command, control and coordinate function of the emergency control organisation
- Context of own role within the workplace emergency procedures
- Emergency assessment and reporting procedures
- Emergency reporting signals, alarms, warnings and procedures
- Emergency response and operating procedures
- Members of the emergency control organisation and their roles and responsibilities
- Evacuation priorities
- Hazard identification
- Precautions to be taken during emergencies
- Methods of accounting for people during and after emergencies
- Methods of summoning first aid to occupants or visitor injured during an emergency evacuation
- Post initial response emergency activities
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.