This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines
- Respond appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- Manage the unconscious breathing casualty
- Follow single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- Followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Respond to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations
- How to conduct a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty
- Principles and procedures for first aid management
- Considerations in provision of first aid for specified conditions
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.