This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to conduct local risk control.
This competency applies to personnel who are required to assess risk and complete job safety analysis as part of conducting a variety of activities in workplace environments in which hazards exist or specific procedures need to followed and monitored to protect the safety of personnel and the integrity of plant or process.
- Plan and prepare for risk control
- Assess and identify unacceptable risk
- Identify, assess and implement risk treatments
- Complete records and reports
- Locate and apply relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely with others
- Demonstrates completion of conducting local risk control
- Identifying ‘unacceptable risk’
- Working with others to determine risk controls
- Assessing and determining consequence and likelihood of potential risk
- Controlling risk by selecting and implementing most appropriate treatment
- Reporting written information about risk assessment and treatment implementation
- Accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures
- Organisation risk management policy, procedure requirements
- Conducting worksite risk management procedures
- Conducting and maintaining worksite communication, reporting and recording procedures
- Identifying and assessing hazards, risks, acceptability of risks and controls
- Reading, preparing and using worksite safety systems information
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.