This course is designed to provide the framework for personnel who issue work permits and to ensure that they understand the permit system, know the limitations of each permit and make decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit.
This competency applies to personnel who are required to issue appropriate permits to work to persons conducting a variety of activities in workplace environments in which hazards exist or specific procedures need to followed and monitored to protect the safety of personnel and the integrity of plant or process.
Please note this course has a prerequisite unit of MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis. WorkSafe Connect has custom designed our Issue Work Permits program to include this prerequisite unit so successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for both MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis and MSMPER3001 Issue Work Permits.
- Identify need for work permit
- Prepare work site for authorised work
- Raise and issue work permits
- Monitor work for compliance
- Receive end of day report
- Close work permit
- Types of permits and what they cover
- Hazards associated with each type of permit
- Permit control system
- Hazards of the area for which permit is being issued
- Hazards that may be created by the interactions of the permit, the process and the plant area
- Appropriate PPE
- Focus of operation of work systems and equipment
- Application of relevant agreements, codes of practice and other legislative requirements
- Methods of hazard analysis
- Hazards of the materials and process and appropriate hazard control procedures, including hierarchy of control
- Identification and correct use of equipment, processes and procedures
- Selecting appropriate tests and knowing what the tests are for
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.