This course is designed to renew the knowledge and skills Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) have attained during their initial five day HSR training course.
HSRs in Queensland are entitled to attend one day refresher courses every twelve months, commencing one year after the initial five day course has been completed (as per the Work Health and Safety Act 2011).
- Overview of the WHS legislative framework
- Duties of various parties
- Key WHS terminology
- The role of WHSQ and penalties for non‐compliance
- Requirements and mechanisms for consultation in the workplace on work health and safety issues
- The role, entitlements and protections available for HSRs and Health and Safety Committees (HSCs)
- Resolving workplace health and safety issues through negotiation and conflict resolution
- Identifying hazards and ways in which they can be eliminated or minimised
- Incident notification and investigation
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notices (PINs) and directing unsafe work to cease.
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville28-30 Bowen Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.