This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to carry out their work in a safe manner.
The course teaches participants how to lift and move materials manually and/or use basic manual handling equipment in a safe manner. The training takes participants through both the theory of why we need to follow safe manual handling techniques and the application of demonstrating and practising safe lifting techniques.
- Follow organisation procedures, for a particular task, to minimise risk of injury
- Utilise and implement strategies as directed to improve workplace organisation
- Legislative requirements and best practice approaches to WHS
- Location and use of safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and emergency units and alarms
- Potential hazards in the workplace and the risks/potential risks of certain behaviours, layouts/features
- Reporting mechanisms required for workplace injury and compensation claims
- Rights and obligations of employees and employers regarding WHS
- Significant hazards in the workplace both indoors and outdoors
- Workplace procedures that apply to fire, accidents and emergency situations
- Work safely using safe manual handling techniques and equipment
- Comply with the organisation's WHS policies and procedures
- Implement strategies designed to improve manual handling processes within the workplace
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.