This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes) for licensing purposes. It encompasses the requirement for non-slewing mobile crane licence and the vehicle loading crane licence.
This course requires the operator to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer loads, mobile loads and shut down and secure the crane.
Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High Risk Work Licence to operate this plant. A student must successfully complete the National Assessment Instrument (NAI) (which is the mandated assessment for the HRWL to operate the relevant licencing class as detailed in this unit) and be issued with an AS1.
This course is offered by WorkSafe Connect to corporate clients for a group of students. We do not currently offer this course to individuals as part of our public course offering.
Course Entry Requirements
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Set up crane
- Transfer load
- Mobile load
- Shut down and secure crane
- Operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20t capacity) for the lifting and moving of loads to the safe working rated capacity in conjunction with other associated personnel
- Apply risk assessment and hazard control strategies
- Use and interpret crane manufacturer's specifications and data
- Verify problems and equipment faults and demonstrate appropriate response procedures
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimation and measurement of loads
- WHS legislation, standards and codes of practice relevant to the full range of processes for the crane class
- Mobile slewing crane characteristics and capabilities to allow the configuration of the crane to suit the range of loads
- Understanding of the hierarchy of hazard identification and control
- Organisational and workplace standards, requirements, policies and procedures for conducting operations for the crane class
- Procedures for the recording, reporting and maintenance of workplace records and information
- Rated capacity and working load limits (including use of crane load charts)
- Typical routine problems encountered in the process and with equipment and adjustments required for correction
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.
Course ID: 7943744 - Licence to Operate Slewing Crane (Up to 20 tonnes) Brisbane