This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to supervise work in confined spaces and is appropriate for those working in supervisory or technical specialist roles.
- Prepare for work in the confined space
- Provide information about working in confined spaces
- Ensure safety and health of others entering and working in a confined space
- Supervise entry and work in a confined space
- Implement confined space emergency and rescue systems
- Withdraw from confined space and facilitate return to service
- Locates and applies relevant legislation, documentation, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates completion of supervising work in confined spaces
- Performing task analysis to carry out risk assessment, and prepare for emergency procedures
- Preparing a written safe operating procedure and checklist for confined space work activities
- Preparing required permits prior to work activity
- Determining working at height requirements
- Providing clear instruction and coordination of activity throughout working in confined space activity
- Establishing and applying effective communication techniques to others throughout the work activity
- Applying atmospheric contaminants measurement procedures
- Training others to carry out first response first aid and fire fighting techniques
- Maintaining written record of hazards, risk assessments, outcomes and controls used
- Applying legislation, standards and code of practice
- Performing the process of hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Applying confined space legislation
- Determining the effects of atmospheric contaminants
- Establishing control measures
- Using methods of systems isolation
- Examination, testing and maintenance of control measures
- Selection, use, training and maintenance of safety and rescue equipment
- Using communication and observer systems
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?
If you're studying nationally recognised training in Australia from 1 January 2015, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Your USI links to an online account that contains all your training records and results that you have completed from 1 January 2015 onwards and without this number we cannot issue you your statement of attainment.
If you do not already have a USI please click on the following link to create one.
It is a straight forward process to complete this online and you will require a Driver's Licence, Medicare Card, Australian Passport or Birth Certificate to proceed.
BrisbaneBuilding, Room 1.02 - Evans Deakin Room
Construction Training Centre
460-492 Beaudesert Road
Townsville327 Bayswater Road
WorkSafe Connect delivers remote and onsite training, assessment and verification of competencies for high risk and industrial courses.